Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Florence, etc.



Ok, with the luggage fiasco all settled, it's time to talk about shoes. Vote for your favorite!
































































Florence is
busy, crowded, hot, noisy, smelly, and expensive. The line to see this massive wedding-cake-like cathedral (Santa Maria del Fiore) snaked around the building for what seemed like miles. But it was swell from the outside. After that, we saw a bazillion renditions of Renaissance Madonna(s) and Child(s).

3 comments:

  1. Jan...

    See if you can get and post a photo of Chip in front of any meal that involves meat and bread. I'm trying to get him an FTE (Foreign Travel Exemption) from GAPS, and the vote could be close...I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what was in the long-awaited suitcase? All your shoes? I can see Kimberly has had a hand in helping you shop! I have shoe envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first pair best, but I'm sure I could not wear them with the stiletto heels!

    I have very fond memories of Florence--the Ponte Vecchio shop where I bought a beautiful cable knit bulky sweater in 1979 that I still own! It was winter and not crowded when I was there.

    ReplyDelete