Monday, July 4, 2011

Ciao, Italy. Ciao, Texas.




After a little Ricky and Lucy routine this morning (ohmygosh, we're on the wrong subway, how can this be, I swear I read the sign pointing us this way, we have to get off and go the other way, here it is, let's get on, wait, this is not the right one, GET OFF RIGHT NOW! ohmygosh, we were on the right one the first time) we headed out to the Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica. We had our personal guide, so we were two of the special people who got to get in line with the hundreds of other special people, which I guess is a lot better than being in line with thousands of un-special people. Upon our guide's suggestion we raced through the secret passageways to the Sistine Chapel first for a few relatively quiet and unpopulated moments of reflection and observation before starting the main tour. It was a wonderful tour through the magnificent complex that is so rich with history.


Here's a little reminder of where we're going tomorrow, pardner.


And here's a lake at the Villa Borghese, which is a lot like Central Park in its pathways and scenery. A good, serene way to end this wonderful trip.

Thanks for coming along with us. Hope you enjoyed this blog as much as I did putting it together!

2 comments: